Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tiki R Annoyed


Peekaboo Monster Stitch AP
Originally uploaded by tikistitch
Yup.

We're annoyed.

At figures.

Well, not this one in particular. This is actually a MindStyle Stitch that an artist who goes by the terrific moniker of Peekaboo Monster has repainted into being a kind of iridescent pirate thingie.

No, it's just, there's SO MUCH that is cool Stitchie stuff to find and buy and appreciate, but the universe is tilted on its axis currently so much towards figure collecting, that all THEY seem to think I care about is figures. Thus all the super limited edition gotta-inherit-one-from-your-uncle-to-buy-it kinda thing. Which, I don't know about you, but my uncles tend to wanna drink beer and ride motorcycles and really couldn't give much of a spit about a little hunk of vinyl. Even if it is vaguely Stitch-shaped.


Peekaboo Monster Stitch APPeekaboo Monster Stitch APPeekaboo Monster Stitch APPeekaboo Monster Stitch AP

I dunno, am I just being an old grump? I mean, it's not as if something being rare and/or 'spensive is gonna prevent me from actually obtaining anything at this point.

Peekaboo Monster Stitch APPeekaboo Monster Stitch APPeekaboo Monster Stitch APPeekaboo Monster Stitch AP

I've got a bunch of APs now. So many, they've got their own photo set, here. Peekaboo seems to have gone particular batspit in decorating a bunch of figures (I agree with a friend who speculated he has pallets full of the things out in his garage and goes to paint one up every time he gets a little bored.)

2 comments:

  1. I think they mindstyle Stitches are so cool.. I haven't gotten any though.. too expensive & it kinda goes against my anti-stuff campaign I've been waging w/ SeanYoda the past 2years.. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not annoyed AT the MindStyle figures. Which I agree, ARE very keen. It's just the whole concept of "it's a vinyl so I should be willing to give up my firstborn for it." I swear, in a few years time, they'll all be on to something else.

    ReplyDelete